Our goal is that every alum of the Department of ACE will feel equipped to get involved in ways that match their interest, values, and preferences. Check out our list of ways to be engaged as an ACE alum below.
Ways to Engage as an ACE Alum
- Join our LinkedIn Alumni Group - University of Illinois Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics Alumni - & invite other ACE Alums too!
- The Department of ACE is always looking for guest speakers for classes, panel discussions, or seminars. Let us know if you want to be contacted to speak!
- Network with other ACE alumni in your area! Also check out the ACES Alumni Association for ACES in Places Events that may be held near you.
- Let us know about job/internship opportunities with your company for current students or learn more about attending the ACES Career Fair!
- Partner with the Department to offer students job shadowing, job site visits, and mentoring!
- Connect with student organizations (NAMA, MANRRS, Financial Planning Club) about ways to be involved and support them!
- Give financially to ACE. If there's an area of ACE that you're passionate about, such as research, sustainability, or farmdoc, you can specify that in your giving!
- Keep us up-to-date on your accomplishments and recognition. We love to celebrate our alumni!
- Serve! The Department of ACE External Advisory Committee meets twice a year for an external review of the Department. The ACES Alumni Association has several different roles for alumni.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter to keep up with current students!